The need to present is a simple fact of business life. Whether it is an external presentation to sell your company and its products to the outside world, or an internal presentation to sell a product or idea to your colleagues and managers, at sometime we all have to get on our feet and speak.
About this workshop
This workshop has been designed for sales professionals, especially new-starters, who have received little training in making presentations and whose business role requires them to make successful presentations that have impact. It can also be used as a refresher for more experienced presenters who would like to revise, develop and personalise the essential techniques for making professional presentations that win business.
The Fundamental Presentation Skills workshop combines a mixture of theory and experiential practice enabling participants to start immediately applying their skills. The workshop is supported by a comprehensive manual providing advice on all the subjects covered.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
– Understand how to make the appropriate impact to engage the audience and to create an outstanding impression;
– Learn to apply established techniques to develop a professional presentation that is structured and focussed and which maintains the interest of the audience and meets business objectives;
– Explore the use of presentation aids (power-point/handouts/physical props etc.) and presentation techniques such as story telling and humour, and learn how to use them to support effectively the meaning of their presentation;
– Consider different ways to control nerves and deal with awkward situations/questions.
– Recognise the importance of physical preparation (room layout, checking handouts/equipment etc.) and personal preparation (dress etc.)
Due to the intensive nature of the workshop the number of participants are limited to six to allow them time to practise the skills being developed.
Ongoing Coaching Support
Ongoing coaching support will be available by email and telephone on an individual basis. The support is there to help participants deal with any specific presentation issues they may have in relation to their work.
For more information about this course please contact Paul Ogden (LINK)